Study Photography in South Africa, Photography Schools in South Africa
Below is a list of schools that match what you are searching for:
Contact: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Study Programs: Accounting, Agriculture, Anthropology, Applied Languages, Applied Mathematics, Architecture, Automation Engineering, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Biomolecular Sciences, Botany, Business Administration, Business Management, Ceramics, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Communications , Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Construction,...
Find Schools by city:
About Photography in South Africa, Photography Schools in South Africa
Photography Education in South AfricaThe study of photography is very popular in South Africa, a country which plays host to scores of public and private schools that specialize in the discipline. One such institution is Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU), located in the city of Port Elizabeth. NMMU is a public institution of higher learning that offers courses leading to degrees, diplomas and career certificates, such as the certificate offered to students after successfully completing the program in photography.
Photography education is open to all students who possess a secondary school diploma or its equivalent. There are a number of department associated with the photography course, including the School of Music, Art and Design, Faculty of Arts, Photography, and Art and Design: Introductory Studies. In the first phase of the program (first semester), known as the prerequisite stage, all students are required to take four courses: Dip Photography, BTech Photography, MTech Photography and Introductory Studies. Once these courses are successfully completed, students can choose from a wide array of classes, including:
- Photography 101
- Applied Photography (I, II, III, IV)
- Graphic Design Photography (I,II, III, IV)
- Theory of Photography
- History of Photography
- Photography Fine Art (I, II, III, IV)
- And many more…
The photography course generally spans two years or four semesters for full-time students, and the certificate students earn at the conclusion of the program makes them eligible to pursue more advanced photography courses at the university or degree level.
Why Study Abroad in South AfricaThe reasons for choosing the stunning country of South Africa for your study abroad experience are immeasurable. In addition to the excellent education you’ll receive from studying at one of its many fine colleges or universities, South Africa also offers:
- Wonderful climate. South Africa features a tremendous and very pleasing climate, with the sun shining continuously throughout most of the year.
- Plenty of history. South Africa has a long and storied history. It is known as the cradle of humankind, and is home to Sterkfontein, one of the world’s most productive and important anthropological sites.
- Breathtaking scenery. From its quaint coastal villages to its miles of Safari plains to ultra-cosmopolitan cities, South Africa offers some of the greatest natural and manmade scenery in the world.
- Friendly People. The people of South Africa can only be described as warm and hospitable, a vibrant mix of African culture and Western sophistication.